Clinical Scientist III
2525 Dupont Dr Irvine, CA 92612 US
Target PR Range: 50-65/hr
*Depending one experience
Our team is looking for an innovation enthusiast whose curiosity will allow them to push the boundaries of aesthetic medicine. As a Clinical Scientist III, you would be responsible for driving innovation across our aesthetics portfolio which includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more.
This role is seeking a high performing individual contributor who has demonstrated an interest in the aesthetics industry to support our strategic vision as well as advance business-critical initiatives that shape the aesthetics field while making a real difference for our patients. In return the innovation team will provide a dynamic fast-paced environment and high impact development experiences. To excel in this role, you must be a self-starter with a strong scientific background around translational research, demonstrate robust analytical skills, the ability to translate the strategic vision into tactical action, multi-task, and work well in a cross-functional team.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as a subject matter authority in applying scientific qualitative and quantitative research to generate evidence around treatment benefit and inform development of conceptual models and/or studies that develop endpoints which address a measurement gap (e.g., identification of unmet measurement need, endpoints capturing outcomes, condition improvements, quality of life measures, etc.)
• Partner with clinical team and other key stakeholders across to pursue and develop clinical outcome measures that drive our business toward new claims or indications.
• Monitors, understands, and prioritizes external trends of relevance to the enterprise around evidence generation, and escalates to manager to address how should prepare and/or respond
• Lead individual projects within complex, cross-functional teams both internally and externally, including proof-of concept or phase 1 studies, driving team alignment toward a single goal, distilling pragmatic recommendations to partners for consideration, problem-solving to support research & analytics, and compiling evidence packages that facilitate go/no business decisions
• Analyzes, presents, and simplifies data to communicate critical findings to a cross-functional team
• Participates in preparation of protocols, evidence packages, clinical study blueprints/reports, publications, and outcome reports.
• Serves as an innovation champion by communicating our goals across the organization and addressing business critical gaps that position our business for success
The ideal candidate has:
• Advance degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, MS) highly preferred with research or clinical experience around aging, skin health, dermatology space, translational research, etc.
• Minimum years of experience (6+ with Bachelors, 4+ with Masters, and 2+ with PhD) around scientific evidence generation, clinical development, or other aspects of experimental design and discovery in a hands-on role for aesthetics, dermatology, translational research or other areas listed above.
• Is capable of seeing the big picture, while obsessing over the smallest of details to achieve the ideal clinical outcome or evidence package.
• Strong oral and written communication skills as demonstrated by publication record or selected oral presentations.
• Is adaptable, innovative, and an out-of-the-box thinker when problem solving to achieve the best experimental outcome
• Strong project management skills and is highly collaborative,
• Experience managing large projects/studies within a complex matrixed organization and partnering with complex, cross-functional teams
• A self-starter with drive, energy, and passion to advance the Innovation Team’s mission
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.