Clinical Services Project Manager I (Remote)
1910 E. Innovation Park Drive, Bldg 3 or remote Tucson or remote, AZ 85755 US
Under general supervision, manages multiple clinical and lab services projects of less complex nature from initiation through contract completion. Applies project management skills and experience in delivering projects on time, within budget and with high customer satisfaction. Facilitates cross-functional interactions to complete the assigned projects within the deadline and compliance with pharma services plan.
This job is the first in the Clinical Sciences project management job series comprising four levels. The employee is assigned on projects that may be limited in scope and/or of low to medium complexity. It may involve collaboration with other Clinical Sciences Program Specialist Senior or Clinical Sciences Program Manager.
• Manages multiple clinical testing and lab services projects from initiation through contract completion under supervision of Program Manager. Acts as primary point of contact to Pharma customers.
• Performs tactical coordination of timelines for all projects and functions within CDx Pharma Services and:
- Develops project plans, establish and coordinates timelines for assigned projects and functions;
- Manages execution of cross-functional plans and tracks progress of activities;
- Identifies gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays and challenge assumptions.
• Oversees and guides day to day activities of sample process flow and accurate reporting of results. Implements / pulls in best practices within the clinical sciences team; fosters continuous improvement by ensuring knowledge and experience exchange
• Guides and manages cross-functional interactions to complete the assigned projects within the deadline.
• Interfaces with resources outside of the company (Contract Research Organizations (CROs), site investigators, client counterparts, etc.) and serves as single point of contact with Pharma and Roche clients.
• Manages meeting activities such as setting agendas, organizing meeting time and editing meeting minutes.
• Tracks, maintains and communicates project reports and clinical study data to Pharma and Roche clients.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field required
Master's Degree Specific Project Management Training, or Clinical Research training and/or certification preferred
Years of Experience Experience Details: 2 years of project and/or clinical trial coordinator/management experience in a regulated, CRO, diagnostic, and/or pharmaceutical industry with regulated documentation required
Experience with clinical projects that require rapid activity/milestone achievement.
Experience in clinical trial management and knowledge of bio-sample (clinical testing) management and process flow preferred.
Previous experience with standard project management process (PMI) desired.
Diagnostic and/or Pharmaceutical industry and relevant diagnostic area knowledge preferred.
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skill or Ability Req Pref Proficiency
• Possesses problem solving skills and ability to coordinate project related activities.
• Familiarity with management of Clinical Trials.
• Understanding of Quality and Regulatory processes.
• Knowledge of clinical sample process flow and testing.
• Strong Written and verbal communication skills and meeting facilitation skills.
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database and email software (e.g., Microsoft Excel,
• Possesses interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Displays leadership skills.
• Ability to work under time pressure while maintaining high standards of precision and data quality.
• Ability to manage projects with activity/milestone achievement to complete clinical study testing and data
reporting to pharma partners.
• Ability to apply specialized knowledge and skills in the functional areas, particularly interfacing with laboratory, scientific, and medical staff.
As needed Based on business needs
Pay $30-35/hr based on experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.