Consultant, Creative Editorial Planner
Health Plaza East Hanover, NJ 07936 US
The Consultant, Creative Editorial Planner role will be responsible for supporting key content marketing editorial work and report directly to the Executive Director, Editorial Planning for US brands of a large pharmaceutical company. The role will collaborate closely with the content strategy team to provide support to a select group of priority brands, while it helps to design creative editorial guidelines and best practices that can be applied across the brand portfolio and among our agency partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with Editorial Planning Lead and Creative Editorial Partner to elevate editorial quality of the content designed within the Integrated Marketing Organization for patients and health care professionals.
- Support development of effective and engaging storytelling for brand marketing including video and editorial, with a focus on patient and HCP storytelling.
- Understanding of creative best practices and knowledge of how to execute videos from concept to completion including: Creative strategy and review, offering feedback on narrative, storyboards, story arcs and b-roll use, acting as on-set creative resource, providing editorial direction, and amplifying visual storytelling.
- Understanding of editorial best practices and knowledge, including how to mine for stories, identify engaging and appealing central characters, structure, and conduct interviews with key sources, identify and build story arcs, create, edit, and review written content.
- Understanding of visual storytelling, from authentic and relatable photography to engaging and accessible infographics.
- Partner with Editorial Planning Lead/Creative Editorial Partner on creative reviews for key content deliverables, including CVAs, HCP and patient brochures, videos, web sites, etc. Edit content (all formats) in support of brands, including such things as key messaging, patient stories and video and audio scripts.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor approach based on audience/behavioral change and build trusted relationships with brand and agency partners. Strong strategic thinker who can envision how to tailor stories in a way that feels focused and grounded for our audiences.
- Support in setting and managing guidelines for content quality, designed to improve customer-facing engagement.
- Helps to set KPIs for content quality and monitor creative performance.
Minimum requirements, and what you'll bring to the role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in media, digital video, editing/writing.
- Experience in the Healthcare or the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in leading key projects and initiatives on time, on track, and on budget
- Understanding of wellness, health & lifestyle coverage
- The ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional marketing teams, while collaborating across the organization to deliver high-impact content programs.
- Understanding of regulatory, compliance privacy and legal guardrails and policies
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.