73 Digital Drive Novato, CA 94949 US
The Contracts Specialist 1 supports key Facilities and Engineering Maintenance Business Office (MBO) objectives with a particular emphasis on Purchase Order (PO) requisitions and Contract preparation, submission, coordination, management, administration, and related provider worker on-boarding. The Contracts Specialist 1 will be the primary interface between Facilities and Engineering, Legal, and Finance departments to coordinate all PO and contract processes that supports the Facilities and Engineering department. This is a cross-region position covering all California campuses: Novato, San Rafael, Petaluma, Buck, and Brisbane.
Contract Specialist 1 responsibilities:
- Process Purchase Order (PO) requests for Goods, Services, and Software
- Process required contract types (NDA, MSA, MEPSLA, MAMSA, SOW, Sales Orders) and coordinate between Facilities and Engineering, Legal, and Purchasing departments
- Initial document creation of NDAs, Change Orders, and SOW contracts
- Process requests for new Suppliers/Vendors related to PO requests
- Process New and Extension requests for Provider Workers (vendor-supplied workers) related to active contracts
- Process Change Orders to adjust existing PO, Contract amounts and / or dates
- Track status of all requests from users and provide status to users as needed
- Provide coordination between BioMarin Legal and Supplier Legal to resolve contract language
- Track contract expirations and coordinate with CC Owners for extension
- Collaboration/Coordination with all levels of the Facilities and Engineering department
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work across multiple projects to meet due dates
- Others as needed or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Individuals will be expected to take part in job-related training courses.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in PO requisition and/or contract administration/management (Law firm, Paralegal or corporate outsourcing / procurement environment)
- Experience in a GMP regulated environment (part 11 compliance), pharmaceutical industry and/or clinical research environment highly desirable
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, able to keep up with many changes and multiple priorities, and coordinate multi-discipline projects
- Good negotiator and communicator. Able to interact and manage expectations of diverse stakeholders; work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong office software skills (MS Word, Excel) and PO/Contract Management software such as Coupa Spend Management and SpringCM / Docusign CLM.
- Proficiency with standard office software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Outlook, SharePoint/O365
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.