7370 Merritt Park Drive Sudley Spgs, VA 20109 US
SHIFT - MON-FRI 8AM - 5PM OCCASIONAL HOURS OUTSIDE OF THIS IF NEEDED.
The Cost Accountant is to proactively participate in the Finance Departments daily production review and analysis of all costs for the manufacturing site, directly reporting to the Senior Cost Accountant. The Role:
- Review and entry of daily production and consumption records
- Perform finance verification of monthly raw material, WIP, and finished good inventory cycle counts. Audit and maintain the cycle count documentation from all cycle counts, ensuring its accuracy and completeness. Ensure the site maintains compliance with counting frequency and completeness requirements
- Monitor inventories and facilitates the paperwork approval, tracking, and filing process to maintain accuracy
- Analyze data for discrepancies in manufactured product costs, by reviewing the manufacturing variances and identifying any discrepancies in routings or bills of materials
- Assist in the analysis and roll of standard costs as necessary. Ensure all active Raw Materials and Intermediate items have accurate standard costs
- Ensure integrity of standard costs and item attributes that impact costing or standard accounting flows
- Assist in annual budget process with standard cost rate development
- Perform other monthly and quarterly financial reports as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years experience in Accounting or Manufacturing
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or a related field of study
- Advanced proficiency with various ERP systems, Sage or JDE preferred
- Advanced PC skills, including advanced spreadsheet functions (e.g. Pivot Tables, Lookups, Formulas)
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.