Customer Service Specialist
Baxter Parkway Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Customer Service Specialist
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for managing all aspects of order fulfillment processes for multiple divisions including Medical Products, Renal and Advanced Surgical business through answering calls from a toll-free number and other non-phone related activities (fax, email, etc).
- The Customer Specialist role is accountable for providing superior service to all external customers, patients, and Baxter team members.
- The position will handle exceptions as required along with general inquiries and correspondence for customers.
- This role will be responsible for providing accurate, responsive, and efficient placement of orders, backorder fulfillment, shipping discrepancies, customer returns, customer inquiries, and other customer requests.
- This position will need to balance service and cost for the supply chain organization while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators.
- The customer service role is responsible for documenting service failures that impact the customer and the organization.
- In this role, the specialist will need to work collaboratively with the following departments: Product Information, Distribution Centers, Planning and Deployment, Credit and Collections, Customer Master, various sales representatives, and other departments as needed.
- This position may need to assist customers with inquiries on how to set-up new accounts, documents service requirements, maintains other records, and prepares customer required reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Expertise in working in the Microsoft applications and must have an aptitude for working in web based applications. Ability to work remotely using a high speed wired internet connection
- Demonstrate an ability to provide customers with superior service and a high level of satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment, attention to detail, and excellent problem resolution skills.
- JD Edwards system knowledge, a plus. Must be flexible to cover a shift during the customer service hours of operation which are 7:00 to 6:00 pm CT
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is an asset.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.