Customer Service Specialist
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Channel Operations mission is to ensure that the right product gets to the right place at the right time.
The Customer Service Specialist role is dedicated to providing the highest quality of customer support by offering full time phone coverage, managing numerous daily activities, and participating in internal and external departmental projects.
The role of Customer Service is critical to the daily operation of the organization. It is imperative that Customer Service employees are dependable, discreet, discerning and flexible.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Act in accordance with company policy
- Provide full time phone coverage (shift to be determined by management)
- Suggest new programs and or projects to promote customer service
- Determine appropriate action to take to resolve customer issues
- Determine when it is appropriate to escalate customer issues to management
- Work with Finance, Product Distribution and Customers to resolve disputes
- Act as customer advocate in investigating and responding to complaints while suggesting necessary process improvements to avoid recurrence
- Stay informed of current industry practices / trends
- Participate in the development and maintenance of department defined quality standards and measures
- Maintain effective and timely communication with team members as well as the supervisor regarding departmental issues
- Support corporate values
- Remain flexible to ever changing customer needs and requirements
- Process customer orders accurately
- Review inventory to determine appropriate customer order commitment.
- Maintain follow up on customer order issues.
- Interact with key customer purchasing personnel to advise of order status
- Ensure adherence to appropriate laws, regulations and programs
Administer customer return process
- Act as a liaison between customer, third party provider and GNE to facilitate customer returns.
- Ensure accurate posting of credits and debits in accordance to policy
- Ensure timely turnaround of customer authorizations
Support GNE Sales initiatives
- Participating in the product launch process to ensure a positive outcome
- Administer special programs
Work as part of an effective team
- Support team decisions
- Respect diversity
- Being flexible with assigned schedule
- Have the ability to adapt to a constant changing environment
- Ability to work through conflicting, delayed or ambiguous information
- Actively Participate in various team initiatives; Lean Daily Management, etc.
The successful candidate will demonstrate key competencies listed below critical to this role:
- Decision Making - Thinks through problems clearly and logically; is decisive
- Technical and Business Expertise - Applies emerging knowledge and trend; builds strong relationships; contributes expertise within and beyond assigned area
- Communication - Listens well, expresses ideas fluently and logically, is open to input and feedback
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates, offers support and encouragement
- Achieving Results - Is goal-directed and persistent; is accountable for meeting commitments, recognizes the contributions of peers
Pay Rate: $25/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.