Customer Support Technician I- Remote
Baxter Parkway Riverwoods, IL 60015 US
Summary: The Technical Support Specialist provides customers with technical support for software and hardware product issues in a remote call center environment. This position effectively analyzes reported issues, follows detailed troubleshooting guidelines, and work instructions to assess root cause and identify solutions to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner. Technical Support Specialists enjoy helping others, working independently as part of a greater team, applying attention to detail, and using critical thinking skills to provide customer focused solutions.
The Essential Roles and Responsibilities of the Role are:
- Provides level 1 support to customers via phone, chat, and/or email for Baxter products and system peripherals focusing on customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency to resolve customer issues.
- Instructs customers on how to use hardware and software applications.
- Records and documents all customer interactions properly in accordance with defined procedures, ensuring accuracy in reporting.
- Interfaces and interacts effectively with Baxter employees and customers, including pharmacy personnel and IT professionals.
- Engages additional departments and escalates issues to appropriate personnel and/or departments.
- Regularly uses mobile devices such as cell phone, laptop and tablet to communicate with customers, update work orders, complete checklists or call scripts, access portals and training, diagnose problems, and maintain schedule of activities.
- Maintains product knowledge through continuous training and uses the latest troubleshooting methods, SOPs, training manuals, and other reference materials.
- Maintains compliance with laws protecting data privacy including HIPAA and GDPR.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies, and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proactive and results-oriented who can work independently and as part of a team to effectively manage assignments and support customer queues.
- Must have proven ability to exercise independent judgment and draw accurate conclusions to effectively troubleshot technical issues based on available information.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to react quickly, accurately, and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times
CO and NYC Candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.