Cut & Wrap Operator SHIFT 2ND - MON - THURS 3:30PM - 2AM
7370 Merritt Park Drive Manassas, VA 20109 US
Support production of packaged goods according to Standard Operating Procedures and specified quality standards. Carries out specific instructions from Production Manager/Supervisor in accordance with the daily packaging schedule.
Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within field. Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines, experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks autonomously and with proficiency, Works under general supervision. Front end of process:
- Push cart into lifting device one cart at a time, verify the door to the cage is shut, use control switches to lift carts and dump into pre-extruder.
- Operate pre-extruder to allow product to flow to the incline conveyor and into the extruder hopper.
- Verify that product is also running out of the extruder and into the cooling tunnel via the belt.
- Verify no chews are coming that are not wrapped properly and that each box is filled with approximately 10kg worth of soft chews.
- Verify that piecewrap is loaded onto machine properly and does not run out.
- Make sure that product is flowing into the ACMA through the rope sizer accordingly and not causing jams.
- Watch to make sure that product is coming into rope sizer accordingly.
- Create boxes and fill with plastic liner.
- Clean and sanitize parts from the ACMA and rope sizer according to the cleaning process associated with the equipment.
- Help with the cleaning process inside the room once finished with your area to eliminate unnecessary downtime.
- Label finished pallets and ensure that plastic cover is taped to top of the pallets to prevent contamination.
- Move finished pallets to WIP storage and bring back empty pallets to load.
- Ensure each box is taped closed or folded over properly.
- Help with cleaning process inside the room.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree, (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibrations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to a risk of electrical shock, extreme heat (non-weather), and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds, infrequently move up to 1000 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
17-22 pay rate range
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.