N Waukegan Rd North Chicago, IL 60064 US
Target PR Range: 28-38/hr
*Depending one experience
Designs, constructs, and maintains the architecture, databases, and large-scale processing systems required for efficient and secure data acquisition, storage, and retrieval.
Build and maintain data systems. Responsible for constructing datasets that are easy to analyze and support company requirements. Responsible for implementing methods to improve data reliability and quality. Combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats. Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modeling.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Analyzing raw data.
- Developing and maintaining datasets.
- Improving data quality and efficiency.
- Analyze and organize raw data.
- Build data systems and pipelines.
- Evaluate business needs and objectives.
- Interpret trends and patterns.
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
- Build algorithms and prototypes.
- Combine raw information from different sources.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition.
- Develop analytical tools and programs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources.
- Familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
Requirements and Skills:
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Java and Python), database management, and knowledge of data modeling are essential for this role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or a similar field; a master’s is a plus.
- Data engineering certification (e.g., IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.