Data Scientist I
26525 North Riverwoods Boulevard Mettawa, IL 60045 US
*Depending on experience
Looking for a Data Scientist/ Analyst blend role to assist with Digital Lab initiatives.
* Experiences and Skills: Python, R, SQL, ETLs, Tableau
* Machine Learning Models: Supervised, Unsupervised, Large Language Models
* Environment: AWS, RedShift, Hadoop
The Data Scientist is responsible for optimizing and deploying business processes and technology solutions within DSS in support of the portfolio. A technical and innovative role that partners with statistical programming, clinical analytics, standards, statistics, data science and information technology experts to implement next generation clinical data analysis ecosystem.
1. Designs, deploys and maintains various cross-functional solutions, business processes, and associated technologies such as statistical computing environment, metadata repository, output delivery depot and standard macro library.
2. Delivers optimization of end-to-end business processes that enable quality and efficiency such as process maps, SOPs, and work instructions. Drives change management by conceiving and operationalizing innovation and facilitating adoption across teams.
3. Engages with multi-disciplinary experts to influence, elicit, analyze and document business requirements and translate into technology functional requirements. Leverages project management tools and software development methodologies to manage resources, mitigate risk and deliver on commitments.
4. Evaluates and recommends: upcoming industry trends, best practices, cutting-edge tools and novel programming approaches that leverage machine learning, simulation, robotic automation, metadata driven processes, artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
Ensures adherence to global and local agency regulations, good clinical practices (GCP), ICH guidelines, SOP’s and functional quality standards.
1. B.S. in computer science, data science, statistics or a related field with 1-3 years of relevant experience. M.S. preferred.
2. Demonstrated understanding of clinical research with emphasis on statistical programming.
3. Fundamental knowledge of CDISC standards and CDISC compliant submission requirements.
4. Intermediate-level proficiency in SAS, R, python, shell scripting or other programming languages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques.
5. Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills.
6. Ability to effectively communicate complex analytical and technical concepts with clarity, both written and oral.
7. Programming certifications and proficiency in multiple programming languages desirable.
8. Familiarity with various programming paradigms and IT system architectures desirable.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.