Data Scientist II
N Waukegan Rd North Chicago, IL 60064 US
Target PR Range: 50-60/hr
*Depending one experience
A proficient specialist who applies mathematical, problem-solving, and coding skills to manage big data, extracting valuable insights. They design tailor-made solutions from this data, aiding organizations in achieving their unique objectives and goals. Leverage statistical analysis, machine learning, and data modeling techniques to extract insights and solve complex business problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Undertaking data collection, preprocessing, and analysis.
• Building models to address business problems.
• Presenting information using data visualization techniques.
• Collecting and analyzing large datasets, developing predictive models, and presenting findings to support decision-making.
• Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
• Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
• Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
• Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
• Combine models through ensemble modeling.
• Present information using data visualization techniques.
• Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
• Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
Requirements and Skills
• Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
• Strong programming skills, expertise in statistical tools, and the ability to communicate findings effectively are crucial.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and staying updated on industry trends are integral aspects of the role.
• Experience in data mining
• Understanding of machine learning and operations research
• Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is an asset.
• Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop)
• Analytical mind and business acumen
• Strong math skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field; a graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.