Design Technician III
2300 Berkshire Lane North Minneapolis, MN 55441 US
- Minimum 4 years of experience in tensile testing; prototyping and test method development
Nice To Have
- 5+ years of experience supporting new product development activities in medical device
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing and field service operations.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as CAD CAM CATIA ProEngineer Solidworx or Siemens NX Software.
- Gathers information makes studies computes calculations and prepares original rough layouts sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering manufacturing tooling material and planning group such as ease of manufacture availability of materials and contractual specifications.
TECHNICIAN SUPPORT CAREER STREAM: Provides technical support in areas such as production operations maintenance safety testing process improvement or product development. Uses schematics diagrams written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components equipment or systems. Gathers maintains formats compiles and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations. For higher levels may suggest and/or make improvements to optimize work processes.
Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor working under limited supervision and providing assistance and training to lower level employees.
Runs minor projects including performing tests interpreting data developing reports.
Organizational Impact: Performs technical activities requiring considerable judgment and may have ownership of minor projects.
Work consists of technical tasks that are typically not routine.
Innovation and Complexity: Technical problems faced are general and may require some analysis to understand and resolve.
Expected to independently propose solutions to problems for supervisor review.
Communication and Influence: Communicates typically with internal contacts .
Obtains and provides technical information on matters of moderate importance to the job area.
Leadership and Talent Management: Responsible for providing guidance coaching and training to other employees within job area.
Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires complete and broad knowledge of operational systems techniques and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
Requires minimum of 4 years of relevant experience may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.