2020 North Ruby Street Melrose Park, IL 60160 US
This position directly supports the technical aspects of End-User computing.
This position’s responsibility is to set-up, deploy, trouble-shoot, fix, and upgrade End-User computers, desktop
software, and peripheral equipment including printers. Additional duties include maintenance and management
of local area network and standalone computer systems.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT
• Works with Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve
problems received from clients.
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users,
including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment
• Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
• Perform upgrades, installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral
equipment, and desktop applications to ensure longevity within established standards and guidelines.
• Provides a high level of computer hardware and software technical support to all users.
• Logs information on general network performance, server health, user requests, and projects status in
accordance with IT procedures.
• Maintains accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the incident tracking system
and according to policies and standards
• Ensures that all critical data on all computer systems are protected and recoverable in the event of a
system failure by backup to removable media or other approved means.
• Participates in the accurate inventory tracking of all computer hardware to ensure items are properly
tagged, inventory is rechecked as required
• Resolve issues with associated end-user workstation, networking, and software products.
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware
• Perform moves, ads, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by the IT Help Desk or IT
• Provides support for end user mobile devices.
• Provides support for Video and Audio Conferencing.
REQUIREMENTS • Degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field preferred • Minimum 3+ years IT experience • Minimum 3+ experience with Microsoft Windows or VMware Administration. • Requires expertise in end user computing activities • Experience with server/data center back-up software • Experience with patching and troubleshooting network connections. • Good understanding/working knowledge of practices, principles and other IT areas • Strong communication, organization and time management skills • Occasional on-call availability for nights and weekends. • Must be able to work OT occasionally • Ability to lift to 50lbs.
Target pay: 23-26/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.