777 Old Saw Mill River Rd. Tarrytown, NY 10591-6707 US
The Director of Biostatistics provides leadership and guidance as the statistical expert on a project team or within a therapeutic area. For one or more projects, be accountable for all statistical aspects of clinical studies and submissions, including quality, relevance to regulatory perspective, and scientific validity.
As the Director of Biostatistics, a typical day might include the following:
Act as key statistical consultant within company. Responsible for project staffing, resource planning and allocation within therapeutic area(s). Responsible for facilitating career development of direct reports and assisting VP, BDM and/or Dr. Director, Biostatistics, with creation and implementation of policies. May have management responsibility. In some cases incumbent could serve as department leader in specific technical area.
This role might be for you:
- Determines in conjunction with department Vice President, department goals, and resource allocation.
- Oversee statistical support to multiple project teams. Collaborate with clinical and regulatory leads in defining general strategic approach, creating clinical development plans (CDP), and producing individual protocols. Work independently, or with other BDM departmental members or consultants, to develop effective statistical approaches applicable to project.
- Oversee execution of statistical analyses, preparation of the statistical methods and results sections for clinical study reports (CSR), and production of overall summaries. Review and approve topline results memos and statistical conclusions. Provide guidance to the clinical and regulatory teams regarding conclusions and inferences from the data package. Ensure statistical representation at regulatory or other external meetings.
- Provide general guidance on definition and documentation of key derived variables needed to support production of tables, figures, and listings (TFL). Effect consistency of data collection and analysis.
- Plan and track project activities, timelines, and resource use across projects. Provide justification for planned resource needs. Seek to optimize resource utilization and capacity.
- Ensure mentoring and development of staff. Encourage personal development in the context of project work. Learn and apply techniques to promote teamwork, quality, and motivation.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, regulatory requirements, and departmental guidelines and SOP. Within area of control, update procedures or practices as needed to remain in compliance.
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 10+ years of experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or health related industry, including significant interactions with regulatory bodies, history of successful management (4+ years), and expertise in one or more therapeutic areas.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.