Director, CMC Procurement, Drug Product
Norwood, MA 02062 US
Seeking a temporary Director, CMC Procurement, for Drug Product will be responsible for category management, sourcing, supplier management, and stakeholder engagement for Global Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) spend. This is a global role supporting various sites and key stakeholders. This role will have a minimum of two direct reports supporting the Drug Product categories and CMOs.
This position is based in Norwood, MA.
Heres What Youll Do
- The Director, CMC Procurement will be responsible for managing an annual spend of approximately $1B in the various Drug Product categories. The role will be responsible for developing and delivering on a global Drug Product category strategy that provides the optimum balance of value delivery (cost, performance, and quality) from supply base in these categories. This includes implementing and managing the following key activities:
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and cultivate strategic stakeholder relationships to find the optimum balance between meeting company needs and delivering total value.
- Category Management: Maintain and execute category plans and update annually with stakeholders including detailed analysis of past and future spending, existing relationships, and external trends. This will include the assessment of the health of the CMOs business. Develop and manage multi-year category roadmaps and pipelines of sourcing initiative projects.
- Strategic Sourcing: Implement strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing a standard framework and departmental tools.
- Partnering with stakeholders to build robust scopes of work.
- Developing sourcing strategies for individual initiatives.
- Implementing RFx activities utilizing advanced tools and techniques.
- Preparing and implementing advanced negotiation strategies.
- Partnering with stakeholders and legal to negotiate and finalize agreements.
- Developing the preferred Drug Product CMO Terms and Conditions and driving standardization across the network.
- Supplier Management: Leverage a standard framework to classify suppliers and implement SRM programs.
- Risk Management: Evaluating and monitoring the risk profile of the supply base, identify mitigation targets, and implement risk improvement initiatives.
- Savings Delivery: Develop a portfolio of sourcing initiatives and deliver cost reductions against challenging current and multi-year saving targets.
Heres What Youll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a large or medium-sized professional procurement organization with at least 5 years specifically in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- 8+ years of category management experience in the areas of Drug Product, Fill Finish and Contract Manufacturing Organizations.
- Bachelors degree required.
Heres What Youll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Masters degree (MBA, MS) preferred.
- Professional procurement certification (CPSM, MCIPS, Etc.) desired.
- Proficient-level skills in the following key competencies/skills: communications, project management, relationship management, influencing, negotiation, financial acumen, presentation, aptitude for technology, results-focus, professionalism, and success in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent project management/leadership skills with demonstrated track record and ability to engage teams together towards common deadlines
- Strong presentation skills including verbal and written to deliver succinctly and effectively recommendations to senior leaders
- Strong executive presence
- A proven track record of savings delivery and ability to manage complexity and change.
- Ability to work in a highly metric-driven environment and deliver against challenging performance targets.
- Ability to analyze CMO data to support savings, market trends and business driven decisions
- A deep desire to be a key part of building a world-class Procurement function.
- Ability to lead through influence, recommend sourcing strategies, and deliver business results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong collaboration and communications skills required to address and resolve issues in a matrixed environment.
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.