Director, Medical Writing Operations
Remote, CA 92121 US
This leadership position will be responsible for providing comprehensive, operational expertise in formatting and editing medical writing (MW) deliverables, document quality control (QC), Data Disclosure, and vendor quality standards, partnering with internal and external groups to provide operational support and to ensure, compliance, and promote innovative solutions for reporting deliverables supporting the Clinical Development organization.
The role will strategize with MW leadership in building the framework to support integration of enterprise medical writing requirements such as clinical protocol writing, regulatory writing, as well as quality control of all clinical trial information that originates in the Clinical Development organization.
You will develop, implement, and maintain state-of-the-art medical writing processes and capabilities to improve quality and execution of scientific documents. You will play a critical role in the success of strategy to improve efficiencies and enable enhanced capabilities to delivering scientific documents. You will partner with multiple internal groups including Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Biometrics, Clinical Operations and Medical Affairs and work cross functionally with other leaders to ensure the medical writing standards meet business needs and objectives as well as regulatory standards.
- Lead internal team/external teams/consultants for delivery of high-quality documents formatted in accordance with applicable regulations and internal requirements
- Lead internal team/external teams/consultants for quality control review of documents in accordance with applicable regulations and internal requirements
- Support and lead efforts for Data disclosure/transparency and Data privacy (deidentification)
- Establish and standardize Medical Writing practices/systems/tools
- Identify, develop, and integrate new technologies into Medical Writing (i.e. semi-automatic generation of document component text, specifically involving "content reuse" in automated CSR and narrative writing, and redaction functionality)
- Optimize and lead medical writing strategies, processes and procedures
- Provide training and communications to internal stakeholders and providers regarding medical writing process, best practices and process improvements.
- Ensure appropriate communication and involvement across functions, internal/stakeholders to create clear accountability for high quality, multidisciplinary documents submitted to regulatory agencies
- Establish medical writing practices and efficient processes for submissions globally
- Monitor benchmarks with industry peers and across other industries to establish and update best practices and KPIs
- Recognize and implement efficiencies identified through process improvements
**CO candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.