Director, Program Management
640 Memorial Drive Chicopee, MA 01020 US
Target Pay Rate: 50-90/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Director, Program Management (Contractor) position is a hands-on role with responsibility for significant elements of program strategy and cross-functional execution. This role requires a talented individual with proven expertise in leading global cross-functional teams and driving major initiatives. This individual, in partnership with the Program Team members, will drive program strategy and ensure clear and timely communication of program strategy, implementation plans, and progress.
- Lead cross-functional program team(s) to develop strategic plans for compounds integrating development, commercial, technical, and financial considerations.
- Drive program team decision-making and management of early-stage compounds to better understand the science and establish clinical development plans.
- Apply oncology drug development knowledge and experience to ensure that product candidates are managed in the efficient and rigorous manner as reflected in the design and conduct of studies with a high degree of technical, regulatory, and commercial success.
- Ability to translate cross-functional program issues into functional implications.
- Be responsible for issue identification and development of an action plan for resolution. Escalation to functional leadership and/or R&D Leadership, when needed.
- Drive effective and impactful communication related to program strategy to ensure active management of issues/risks/decisions/opportunities related to all internal and external activities.
- Ensure collaboration across the Program Team to achieve maximum team effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years R&D program management experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in early clinical stage drug development in the oncology or immuno-oncology area required.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving mindset
- Ability to identify key priorities, align strategic and tactical plans, and motivate cross-functional teams and drive effective partnerships across functions.
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, including ability to navigate throughout the organization rapidly and with individuals at all levels.
- Strong holistic perspective of drug development process and life cycle management across different functional areas including familiarity with commercial, medical affairs, clinical and pharmacology, preclinical research, finance, regulatory and compliance groups.
- Strong program management skills required.
- Understanding of the development process and regulatory requirements for in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) highly desirable.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.