Documentation Specialist 2
Corporate Drive Deer Park, IL 60047 US
• What would be the primary duties for this position:
- Proofreads label copy for instrument manuals and device labels; verifies dimensional accuracy and proper formatting, spelling, and punctuation per established style guides. Proofreads label copy for instrument manuals and device labels; verifies proper formatting, spelling, and punctuation per established style guides
- Verifies dimensional accuracy, color, bar code (placement, readability, and content), and formatting (i.e., fonts, style, empty space for data printed at time of production, etc.).
- Performs first article inspection (FAI) of operator's manuals, labels, and electronic media.
- Proofreads label artwork and label specifications against input documents (e.g. redlines, change orders).
- Assures the labeling artwork is in compliance with all applicable drawings and/or general specifications.
- Checks and verifies bar codes and HIBC bar codes.
- Completes all required training (i.e., SmartSolve, Kabilift, etc.)
- Completes additional tasks as assigned by the Manager, Technical Manual Writer and/or Sr. Labeling Proofreader
• What are the technical and soft skills required for this position:
- Must be detail-oriented, task- focused, and adaptable to frequent shifts in priorities.
- Must be cooperative and work well on a team.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively under short timelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to make judgments and solve problems based on past experiences and established practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand SOPs, GDPs, and Work Instructions.
- Experience using an electronic document management system is preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro/DC, Microsoft Outlook
Target pay: 25-27/hr
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.