2380 Conejo Spectrum Street, Suite 200 Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 US
Pay 25-28/h depending on experience
The EH&S Coordinator will report to the Associate Director EH&S Department with a dotted line to the Associate Director Facilities. The individual will support the implementation and operation of the EH&S Programs and will also be responsible for ensuring day to day office administration of the Thousand Oaks offices.
- Support EH&S Department with program implementation and administrative tasks.
- Documentation, tracking, and submission of EH&S training records to the Training Department.
- Attend and maintain minutes for all general, biosafety, and radiation safety committee meetings.
- Assist with completion and routing for e-signatures via “DocuSign” of facility access forms.
- Maintain records and track all medical waste tracking documents, hazardous waste manifest, and radioactive waste manifests.
- Order materials for the EH&S department as needed.
- EH&S document formatting and collaboration with the Document Control Department for submission into Veeva document management platform.
- Navigation of governmental regulatory websites for reporting, permitting, licensing, and/or registration as required by local, state, and/or federal regulation.
- Support the EH&S needs of the the Research Center (ARC). Tasks include, but are not limed to:
- Monthly safety equipment inspections and documentation.
- Assist with onsite chemical and biohazardous waste management.
- Perform weekly safety walks of the facility to identify hazards, ensure proper labeling of all equipment and materials, and ensure required signage is posted as needed.
- Management of the occupational exposure radiation dosimeter rings quarterly exchange and Instadose blue tooth badge monthly reads.
- Partner with the team, Client groups, and external consultants as needed, on reviewing and enhancing existing EH&S Programs
- Office Coordination duties will include:
- Greet and welcome guests and visitors, notify host of arrival and issue visitor badges
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail and other deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (Envoy system, issue visitor badges)
- Coordinates day-to-day badge access control including enabling and disabling access as needed
- Coordinates food and snacks/drinks vending activities with vendors
- Escalate safety, facility and security related issues to the appropriate department
- Supports other clerical duties, projects and activities as assigned
- May support other activities such as event planning and ordering meals
- BS degree preferably in physical science, life science, engineering, safety, industrial hygiene, or other relevant field.
- 1 year of industry experience ideally in an office setting and in EH&S preferred but not required.
- Certification in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Safety Manager, and/or Project Management Professional. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage a high volume of work.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, process minded, resourcefulness and ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team cooperation skills.
- Impeccable judgement and a high level of professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- High bar personal ethics with a “patients first” value system.
- Experienced with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Power BI)
- Additional computer applications experience preferred:
- DocuSign eSignature Part 11
- Compliance Wire training platform
- Veeva Document management platform
- ADP payroll management platform
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.