EHS Manager, Environmental & Sustainability
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 135-150k **salary will be commensurate with experience
EHS Manager – Environmental & Sustainability will serve as a key leader in the areas of environmental, health, safety and sustainability (EHSS). The Manager will help develop and deploy EHSS strategy, policies and procedures. They will ensure that the facility is following applicable federal, state and local laws and fulfillment of all BPS EHSS objectives. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and influencing skills are necessary, along with the ability to support other BPS locations, as needed.
What you'll do:
- Help develop, implement, and manage all environmental, health, safety and sustainability (EHSS) compliance programs.
- Evaluate and act upon new EHSS regulations and best practices.
- Serve as primary contact for regulatory agencies for inspections, permits, and reporting.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding permits related to operations and construction.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Certifications.
- Ensure appropriate contracts and review hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal.
- Partner with management to investigate all work-related accidents and non-compliance incidents and facilitate mitigation of identified gaps.
- Perform analytical review and risk-based assessments to ensure compliance and appropriate actions are addressed proactively.
- Effectively interfaces with all levels of employees to include direct labor through senior management, and influences improvement.
- Provide EHSS technical expertise and resources to new business and validation and engineering projects with ownership in outcomes.
- Own and improve site EHSS audit programs with emphasis on compliance, program effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Responsible for EHSS plant related and department budget and expenses. Analyze EHSS costs and values to support business alignment.
What you'll bring:
- BS degree in Environmental, Health, Safety or related field
- MS degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering, Technology or Management preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety field, preferably in pharmaceutical and/or chemical industries.
- Professional certification in the environmental or safety field (e.g. CHMM, CSP, or CIH) preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as corporate rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have deep knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations. Proven ability to develop and execute short and long-term strategic plans.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve technical difficulties.
- Must be able to influence at all levels and across functional lines.
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate training programs and investigations on off-shifts
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker may occasionally be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as cold conditions when evaluating cold storage environments). Proper precautions will be taken to prevent harmful environmental exposures.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.