EHS Sr Specialist - Occupational Safety
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 99-115k **salary will be commensurate with experience
To develop, implement and administrate applicable environmental, health, safety (EHS) and Industrial Hygiene (IH) policies and programs. Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulations. Provides technical EHS&S support to operations, quality, engineering, facilities, maintenance, and supply chain functions where applicable.
What you'll do:
- Execute the EHS&S Management System elements.
- Manages the administration and implementation of EHS policies, programs, and safety standard work.
- Ensure compliance with EHS&S regulations and BPS requirements; follows emerging EHS&S regulations and issues.
- Proactively identify potential EHS hazards through risk assessments, Gemba walks, inspections, etc., and drive timely corrective actions.
- Provide regulatory guidance and administration support on all EHS regulations.
- Provide management assistance in maintaining and setting goals and targets for all EHS programs.
- Develops relationships with other functions (e.g., HR, operations, quality, engineering & Supply Chain) to ensure EHS&S aspects are considered at the beginning of new/changing operations and drives improvement existing EHS&S methods and techniques.
- Aids with pollution prevention and waste minimization activities.
- Aids in the development of EHS service contracts.
- Perform and/or assist in Industrial Hygiene monitoring.
- May interact with regulatory agencies.
- May provide specialized training to BPS employees.
- Prepare and/or assist with composing agency (e.g., EPA, IDEM, IDHS, OSHA), corporate and divisional reports.
- Accomplishes EHS&S performance related to Key Performance Indicators by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with workers' compensation program including claims monitoring and administration, report generation, and communication with employees, managers, insurance carriers, medical staff for litigated/non-litigated claims.
What you'll bring:
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Professional certifications (e.g. CSP, CIH, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with common pharmaceutical industrial hygiene practices (e.g. hierarchy of controls, occupational exposure banding assessments, surrogate monitoring techniques, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Corporate rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations. Proven ability to develop and execute short and long-term strategic plans.
- Proven track record of interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- In-depth process knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, equipment, and processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical data.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to clearly articulate information during regulatory/client inspections ·
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to groups and senior leaders.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Teams, and ability to use enterprise software.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills · Working knowledge of business acumen
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker may occasionally be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as cold conditions when evaluating cold storage environments). Proper precautions will be taken to prevent harmful environmental exposures.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.