Electrical Engineering Technician
1222 Sherwood Rd Norfolk, NE 68701 US
Electrical Engineering Technicians is responsible for building, testing and troubleshooting electrical/electronic circuitry and other systems used in finished equipment.
This role will support Manufacturing in the Medical Segment.
- PLC programming with expertise in data bit manipulation. Must be able to layout and implement PLC systems.
- Program and implement data acquisition devices as used to interface with machine operators for various automated production equipment.
- Handle layout and construction of machine control panels, soldering, running conduit, wire pulling, etc.
- Develop and install various motor drive systems.
- Apply electronic theory, principles of electrical circuits, electrical testing procedures, engineering mathematics, physics, and related subjects to layout, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production electronic equipment.
- Draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units. Use CAD System for development of schematics. Compose technical instructions and manuals based on knowledge of electronic systems, components and their functions.
- Work in both electronic and electrical areas handling conduit and various construction wiring.
- Use a variety of hand tools and electrical/electronic test instruments. Responsible to recommend and maintain necessary equipment and spare parts inventory.
- Responsible to observe departments safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required.
- Adhere to plant/Corporate policies/procedures, department safety and environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO 13485 Standards.
- Responsible to practice departments good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures and complete cleaning verification checklists as required.
- Reports any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Associate' s degree or equivalent experience in related field, preferred
- 3 or more years related work experience, preferred
- Ability to train and coach others from technical expertise
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.