Electronics Design Engineer
68 Elm St. Hopkinton MA USA 01748 Hopkinton, MA 01748 US
Target Pay Rate: 55-70.40/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
- Be the technical lead for rebranding projects developing complex systems involving hardware,, firmware.
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including concept, planning, development and validation.
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D team members, cross-functional leaders, and senior management.
- Lead root causing activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks, to optimize s and products.
- Determine design feasibility, evaluate design alternatives, and select optimum design approach.
- Develop requirements, specifications, schematics, simulations (where applicable), assembly drawings, bills of material, and material cost estimates.
- Specify the design of cables and cable harness assemblies. Utilize electronic design tools such as schematic capture.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of vendors designs and manufacturing processes.
- Design architecture and circuits for manufacturability (DFM). Assist manufacturing in transition from development into production
- Lead technical reviews to evaluate and analyze designs to assure performance and requirements are met.
- Participate in Risk Management activities to ensure design shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards; strong understanding of IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition Safety and Essential performance and IEC60601-1-2 4th edition Electromagnetic disturbances
- Accountable for R&D DHF deliverables according to Design Control Process following ISO 13485 regulatory standard (product requirement specifications, technical feasibility plan/report, risk control record)
Education and Experience:
- BS (5-7 years) respectively, in relevant engineering with industrial experience in life science / molecular diagnostics field
- Digital, analog and mixed circuit design experience; excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g., JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience required in Altium Tools for PCB design.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.