Engineer - Degreed II
1360-1380 South Loop Road Alameda, CA 94502 US
- Develop troubleshooting methodologies for complex failure modes on an engineering investigation basis.
- Demonstrate linkage or root cause to symptoms observed by customers.
- Document symptoms and linkage to root cause of problems.
- Provide documentation of engineering activities as required to support timely completion of complaint investigation reporting documentation as required by quality system regulations.
- Translate engineering investigation methodologies into procedures which can be executed by CIG technicians.
- Qualify new procedures and equipment as necessary.
- May be asked to Develop metrics which demonstrate the effectiveness of the complaints investigation process.
- Communicate root cause information to operations production support engineers, and recommend changes to eliminate root causes.
- Responsible for determining the root cause of field failure modes for specific products.
- Accountable for the proper performance of test equipment in the complaints investigation lab, and the adequacy of procedures used to perform primary and secondary troubleshooting of returned field failure units.
- Directly responsible for feeding back failure mode information to the cognizant forward production engineer or manager.
- Must have Electrical or Electronic Engineering degree (masters is ok too)
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Should know how to use a solder iron
- Have work on debugging electronics in a lab – i. e., have debugging hardware experience
(target pay: 40-46/hr)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.