17221 Redhill Ave Irvine, CA 92614 US
This is a hands-on position where the student/engineer will work closely as a part of the R&D engineering team to develop, test, and implement designs pertaining to advanced transcatheter and hemodynamic technology to address issues caused by structural heart disease.
- Be timely, punctual, and responsible for day-to-day attendance while proactively seekingdirection from senior engineers.
- Conceptualize, develop, and iterate designs in response to design requirements specified.
- Test new designs (functional testing, mechanical testing, and simulated use) and brainstormnovel ideas for device improvements using test results.
- Assist in documenting production department concerns and aid in troubleshooting andresolving technical problems.
- Be proficient in drafting software (Solidworks or Creo Parametric preferred).
- Provide documentation support and complete written reports on testing and designs.
- Actively participate in design reviews and provide relevant feedback for teammates.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required or currently enrolled in engineering program
- 0-2 years experience required.
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.