65 Pitts Station Road Marion, NC 28752 US
North Cove is embarking on a fully dedicated automation journey creating a dedicated team for this program. The position requires 3-5 years experience with the following skills: Rockwell Control Logix PLC code, servo control, robotic systems is a plus, ability to review electrical design and coordinate electrical contractors and integrators, perform change control implementation, train, identify gaps and develop countermeasures around programming issues. Responsible for designing, developing, implementing the projects part of the North Cove Automation Roadmap. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting, and training.
- Develops or participates in the development of solutions to problems specific to assigned project.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Works with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing regulatory compliance issues.
- Writes and/or executes, and reports on validation activities.
- Designs and performs routine testing, project experiments, analysis of data and reports results.
- Performs engineering studies on new equipment to determine proper settings, control points, etc. including data gathering during start up and test batches.
- Initiates new or revisions of protocols/operating instructions specific to the project.
- Performs NCR/CAPA investigations and tasks.
- Manage and execute change control activities related to equipment.
- Performs work assignments within production department that include training and technical support
- Assists service department as an SME and leads equipment and/or process troubleshooting efforts as needed.
- Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to operating policies where appropriate.
- Establish and control capital operating budgets for projects.
- Assist in the design, installation and start-up of new equipment and systems as required.
- Perform technical trouble shooting and implement problem resolution for existing and new equipment/systems.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (internal and external) on projects relating to existing and new product lines.
- Provide technical guidance to others (internal and external) as required.
- Provide leadership, direction, and expertise for complex projects.
- Provide leadership and drive innovation within the plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move between the office and the production floor.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment without daylight / windows.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- Strong accountability and ownership.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and execution of validation protocols.
- Technical Software Skills Preferred:
- PLC: Allen-Bradley Control Logix, AB500, Safety PLCs
- HMI: Allen-Bradley
- Communication: Understanding of TCP/IP networks, RS-232 interfaces, Profibus communication, Fieldbus and HSSB
- Electrical: Hands on troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, understanding of Category 3 Safety Systems, E-Plan P8, AutoCAD, ability to read /draw schematics
- Familiarity with drives (such as servo and VFD) motion control, encoders, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Robotics: Fanuc, Yaskawa
- Vision Systems: Cognex, Keyence
- Programming (Bonus): C#, C++, VB, SQL Server
Background and/or Experience
- BS in Engineering required (Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering preferred).
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a regulated industry is a plus.
Technical skill (Software or other):
- 3-5 years Rockwell PLC experience
- Servo control systems (Rockwell, Yaskawa)
- Ability to read and write electrical schematics
- Hands on mechanical skill set is a plus
- AutoCad drafting skills is a plus
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.