25212 West Illinois Route 120 Round Lk Bch, IL 60073 US
Target Pay Rate: 38.53/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
1) Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge. 2) Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds. 3) Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project. 4) Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance. 5) Investigate and analyze design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements. 6) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications. 2) Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC)
Qualifications: 1) Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines. 2) Must have initial training in concepts of Six Sigma quality techniques. 3) Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician Education / Experience
- Minimum requirement Bachelors of Science in Engineering (discipline: Mechanical, BioEngineer, Chemical Engineer, or etc.)
- 1 - 3 years experience of medical device experience
- Statistical background helpful
- Knowledge of DHF or DHF Remediation
- Medical Device Product Life Cycle, Design Controls
- Software: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (pivot tables, V-looks), Outlook, PowerPoint; Minitab; DOORS; CAD
Interview Platform: phone
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.