2525 Dupont Dr, Irvine, CA 92612 US
Target PR Range: 50-58/hr
*Depending on experience
Looking for an R&D Engineer to join our Combination Product Development, Engineering Testing team in Irvine, CA. This individual will contribute to the development and launch of exciting new drug / device combination products, with a focus on Eye Care and Aesthetics.
The R&D Engineer III investigates, identifies, develops, and optimizes new methods and techniques to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner. She/He uses latest in the testing technology to accomplish assignments and demonstrates broad technical expertise within discipline. They contribute to feasibility, development, and verification stages of product development through creation of verification protocols, records and reports; they support investigations and issue resolutions in a cross-functional effort. The position impacts projects mostly through lab-based activities.
• Develop and document new test methods
• Independently design and conduct critical experiments.
• Draw conclusions from own multistage experiments, note significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
• Implement and innovate new experimental protocols/techniques.
• Perform routine and complex tasks competently with no supervision and generate reliable and consistent results.
• Understand relevant engineering literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within engineering discipline in a timely manner.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
• A degree in an engineering field (mechanical, materials, packaging, bioengineering): BS or equivalent education typically 5-7 years of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 3+ years of experience.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out lab testing and other lab-based activities.
• General understanding of the safety requirements for the lab-based activities.
• Basic experience with tooling and fixture design and realization – CAD, machining, 3D printing.
• Experience with work in the regulated environment desired; developing tests conforming to standards.
• The understanding of good documentation practice essential.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• A team attitude with positive outlook is a must.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to prepare technical reports.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Solidworks.
• Gauge R&R – definition, interpretation, reporting.
• DOE – definition, execution, analysis
• LabView, Minitab are a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.