Engineering - Lab Technician I (Scientific)
710 Medtronic Parkway Northeast Spring Lake Park, MN 55432 US
This position supports the development of sorbents for purification of aqueous solutions to be used in a medical device application. The majority of time will be spent in laboratory preparing and testing sorbent materials and functional sorbent sub-components. This position works under supervision of more experienced engineers and follows established procedures.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Characterization of materials and functional sub-components using established testing methods
• Development and optimization of chemical processes and associated test methods under the direction of engineers and scientists
• Preparation of aqueous solutions, using standard laboratory equipment and techniques to handle solutions
• Perform routine measurements and perform routine equipment calibrations as required
• Set-up and operate testing equipment including data acquisition software
• Collect and prepare samples for analysis; perform sample analyses using established procedures
• Document findings and present to supervisor or other team members for review
Required Qualifications & Experiences
Education required: BA/BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.