Engineering Technician 2 (2nd Shift Sunday - Thursday, 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm)
5200 Illumina Way San Diego, CA 92122 US
If you are looking for a job with a cutting-edge diagnostic company, look no further. Apply for this great opportunity at an outstanding company doing the latest research in genetic and genomic sequencing technology.
The Engineering Technician is a part of the San Diego Client headquarters consumables Prototyping Services team which provides an organized experiment design platform. As an Engineering Technician you will carry out experiments and collect experimental data. This position will provide opportunities to interact with various project teams and internal partners to rapidly investigate problems, develop countermeasures, and prevent recurrence. A successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently in a team-oriented environment.
- Owns moderate complexity tasks, with minimal supervision.
- Learning to work on multiple operations and technologies.
- General knowledge in specific discipline.
- Advanced data collection and hands-on skills.
- Proficient with collaboration tools/environments.
- Supports troubleshooting.
- Able to plan and execute on multiple parallel activities as provided by supervisor.
- Provide support for tracking inventory of lab supplies and maintaining lab equipment as instructed by supervisor.
- Works effectively in team environment.
- Establishes relationships with immediate project team and function.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Communication of observations, technical findings and progress to supervisor and immediate project team.
- Acknowledge communications/instructions are understood, and seeks clarification when required.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable but not required
- Good math and analytical skills required.
- Proficient in Office software
- Good verbal and written documentation skills are required
- Must work well in a team environment
- Experience with wafer-based fabrication or chemistry processes preferred
- Demonstrated ability to execute medium complexity tasks and experiments with some supervision a plus
- Data mining or programming skills a plus
- Experience with prototyping in a high-tech industry is a plus
- Experience with process improvement activities a plus
- Experience with developing consumables processes and products a plus.
- Troubleshooting experience, a plus
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
**salary will be commensurate with experience**
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.