Engineering Technician I
7511 114th Avenue Largo, FL 33773 US
Job Description Summary:
Performs calibrations and maintains the calibration scheduling system to conform to facility and global requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Tests and calibrates measuring and indicating instruments for conformance to established government, commercial, and specification standards.
- Sets up test equipment, measures accuracy of instruments used to record voltage, pressure, temperature, etc.
- Adjusts instruments to meet instrument manufacturer and calibration standards.
- Coordinates outside calibrations (at OEM or at the approved Calibration Service Supplier), including request of quotes, opening requisitions in the approved Purchasing system, inspections and documentation reviews on these instruments.
- Maintains calibrations scheduling database and ensures timeliness of calibrations.
- Reviews and approves Calibration database records for new instruments, changes to the instrument master record; Completes calibration assessments for instrument related changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Requires effective skills in mathematics and computer systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings/specifications and inspect tool dimensions using various measuring equipment.
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- At least 4 years related experience required.
- Experience with RAM calibration system preferred.
- Experience working with and calibrating electronic equipment (Fluke, Hewlett Packard, etc.) is preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.