Engineering Technician I
25212 West Illinois Route 120 Round Lk Bch, IL 60073 US
Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments.
May make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
Maintain medical device laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols.
May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed.
Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments.
Individual usually is assigned routine assembly and testing portions of projects (e.g. Product performance and software script testing). Qualifications: Good written and verbal communication skills Basic computer skills such as word processing, data entry and e-mail Basic science and/or math skills Team orientation Mechanical or Electrical background would be preferred Strong documentation skills Following procedures, but also being able to think outside the box and trouble shoot issues found
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 yrs of mechanical is strongly preferred, or engineering grads with some intern experience
- normal basic computer skills
Top 3 must haves:
- attention to detail
- experience with technical documentation
- ability to work on a team.
Top Technical skills needed:
- troubleshooting using basic lab equipment such as scopes
- meters, analytical balances
- ability to understand technical schematics and specifications.
- strong computer experience with Microsoft tools, and statistical tools.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.