Engineering Technician II
Goodnow Boulevard Round Lk Bch, IL 60073 US
The Sr. Technician will be located at the Round Lake Technology Container Engineering Laboratories in Round Lake, IL. The Position encompasses the functional testing on Medical Devices/Disposables and Containers, throughout the developmental stages of the manufacturing process.
This is a first shift position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct critical functional on Medical Devices and Containers components independently.
- Use moderately complex laboratory instrumentation (tensile tester, microscope, force gauges, etc.) and computer systems to collect and record data.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, and cGMP regulations.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems and generate cost savings.
- Perform laboratory audits as required.
- Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required.
- Document the completion of testing in Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and/or Data Sheets. Maintain accurate and complete quality records.
- Follow, understand and comply with SOPs and policies on cGMPs and safety. Maintain a clean, safe and organized lab area, and assume responsibility to ensure that others maintain their lab areas.
- Support improvement projects and drive efficiency through utilization of LEAN management principles (i.e. 5S, Kaizens, etc.).
- Proactively and cooperatively communicate with peers and management to ensure awareness of progress and issues; recommend solutions when issues arise.
- Other projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates degree preferred, with 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of Electronic Laboratory Notebook is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GLP, cGMP requirements is preferred but not required.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Good critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, willing to adapt, and have a positive attitude in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds periodically.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.