Engineering and Maintenance Manager
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 126-130k **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Manager of Engineering & Maintenance reports to the Director of Engineering & Maintenance. The primary purpose of the position is to provide leadership and best practices through data-based decisions, by establishing and deploying processes within boundaries of quality, time, and budget, disseminating information needed to ensure a safe, compliant, and reliable systems, equipment, and operations, and fostering an environment of creativity and innovation in the accomplishment of key business goals and objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Leads and manages process controls engineers (Line Engineers), and maintenance teams assigned to a building in the Bloomington campus.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing day-to-day work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Day-to-day oversight, coordination and evaluation of building facilities, utilities, maintenance, process, and automation of equipment and systems
- Using broad knowledge and experience in building equipment and systems to coordinate and direct day-to-day activities of teams and individual contributors to ensure safe, compliant, and reliable performance.
- Ensure the reliability of production and utilities equipment through predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Learn, understand, and apply quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.
- Provide support for routine, preventive, and predictive maintenance activities.
- Lead a variety of complex issues in projects, plans and schedules.
- Communicate principles, strategies, and objectives and implement planning, monitoring, and appraising results.
- Able to work with many projects and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Apply technical expertise with technologies such as skills in PLCs, Networks, Process Control, HMI, Instrumentation, Control Valves, Motors/Drives.
- Problem solver and influencer who provides technical mechanical/electrical engineering leadership to accomplish business goals that support our continued growth.
- Manages and contributes to the reliable operation of process equipment. Evaluates technical alternatives, proposes, and recommends solutions. Coordinates the input of Operational and Quality Assurance personnel.
What you will bring:
- Bachelors in relevant engineering field
- 8 years’ experience, preferably in a cGMP environment
- 5 years of leadership experience required
- A track record in technical management of process equipment in a manufacturing environment, with experience in electrical and mechanical services.
- Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, purchasing practices and process validation.
- Team building experience in guiding multi-disciplinary teams on medium complexity issues, while providing technical direction to individual engineering disciplines.
- The ability to translate business goals of management into action plans.
- An understanding and proficiency in reliability-centered maintenance principles and practices
- A results-oriented mindset, capable of independent thought, adaptable, ready to respond and react to real-time situations with realistic and viable technical, organizational, and administrative solutions.
- Self-motivation, good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Knowledge of Electrical & Controls Engineering theories and principles
- Understanding and proficiency in Lean Manufacturing Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes.
- The ability to use: Maximo, Microsoft Projects, Trackwise, etc. preferred.
- Organizational skills to help manage multiple projects
- Excelled written and verbal communication skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.