Engr II, Manufacturing
1441 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614 US
Target PR Range: 40-50/hr
*Depending on experience
The main function of a manufacturing engineer is to apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production. A typical manufacturing engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
- Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in maintenance, production, and other operations to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Read worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.