Engr II, Packaging
1441 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614 US
Target PR Range: 33-43/hr
*Depending on experience
The main function is to develop, and design medical device packaging.
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, artwork, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, paints and brushes, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.
- Coordinate the look and function of product lines.
- Confer with engineering, marketing, production, or sales departments, or with customers, to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Sterile barrier system packaging experience is strongly preferred.
- Medical device packaging design preferred
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required
- Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Packaging degree is preferred, and a minimum of 2 years experience or Master's Degree or equivalent in + internship, senior projects, or thesis in Engineering including either industry or industry/education.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.