Engr II, R&D
17011 Red Hill Avenue Irvine, CA 92614 US
Target PR Range: 34-44/hr
*Depending on experience
The Engr II, R&D position will report to the Clinical Development organization. The main function of a Clinical Development Engineer is to create, test, and improve the clinical procedure of the device, develop test models and effective training materials, and support the preparation and execution of the program's clinical studies. A typical clinical development engineer has a basic understanding of different imaging modalities, anatomy and physiology, and applies their technical knowledge and engineering principles to study the clinical impact of the use of the device, when subjected to different clinical conditions.
- Create, test, and/or improve clinical procedure by developing moderately complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols), analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on engineering principles
- Develop, improve, and document test models and test methods for clinically relevant product evaluations
- Manage and lead clinical development labs, including planning, scheduling, test execution, analysis of results and debrief, and maintenance of lab equipment/materials and systems
- Generate procedural instructions, best practices guidelines, test methods, etc. to establish/characterize procedure specifications
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experience preferred
- Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required (if applicable)
- Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Basic interpretation of clinical imaging, experience with Fluoroscopy, Echocardiography, and/or Computed Tomography preferred
- Basic understanding of cardiovascular human anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Comfortable working with personal protective equipment and adhering to Edwards Environmental Health & Safety rules in environments where use of radiation-emitting equipment is required
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.