Environmental Monitoring Technicians - I (Assistant)
2778 S East Side Hwy Elkton, VA 22827 US
Collecting environmental monitoring samples (viable surface/air and non viable air) of process areas
* Environmental monitoring plate reads
* Gowning training and certifications
* Microbiological and chemical sampling of process water
* Clean steam and compressed gas sampling and testing
* Data management activities
* Facilities qualification testing
* Visual inspection (ANSI Testing)
* Assisting with protocol testing as needed
* Prepping and maintenance of all supplies and equipment.
* Utilizing standard operating procedures to perform their work and making updates to those procedures when necessary in alignment with management.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or related sciences.
• Capable of working alone, and managing work load that is directed.
• Computer skills are required, should be proficient in standard laboratory techniques
• Previous professional or academic laboratory experience.
• Experience working in a microbiology lab
• Previous Environmental Monitoring experience.
• Candidates should be flexible with shift preference as this is currently an 8hr/day, Monday-Friday role, with potential to turn into a 12hr rotating shift.
IMPORTANT: ** Expected to work in an environment with potential beta-lactam antibiotic exposure **
Pay Range: 35-45/hr
?Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.