Exec Administrative Assistant
Virtual Location Roseville, CA 95678 US
Provide expert and proficient executive-level administrative support to a C level Executive. Working independently, will perform complex and diverse administrative duties while taking a proactive approach to anticipate and meet needs. Daily activities require cultural sensitivity when interacting with high-level contacts inside and outside the company. Candidate will have regular exposure to sensitive and confidential information requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provides general administrative support including preparing communications, maintaining schedules, calendars, meeting and conference coordination, ordering supplies, travel coordination (domestic and international), and submitting expenses.
- Domestic and International Travel Logistics: Conduct travel research and advance planning, process visa applications and other travel documentation in a timely manner, and coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations, trip itineraries, and prepare expense reports. May also include planning travel for family members periodically.
- Calendar Management and Coordination: Maintain a calendar of Board Meetings, Board Committee Meetings, 1:1 meetings and other ongoing commitments as well as respond to meeting requests in a timely manner.
- Provides administrative support for complex meetings, demonstrating capability in audio conferences, video conferences, and a mastery of other technology as needed.
- Coordinate with others for documents and presentations, sometimes with limited direction.
- Drafts correspondence, reports, and forms. Demonstrates effective cultural sensitivity in titles and names and superior usage of grammar, formatting and identifying errors.
- Prioritizes and executes special projects as needed.
- Performs a wide variety of non-routine administrative tasks and support special projects or assignments.
- Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files, arranging meetings.
- Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to projects/assignments.
- Serves as liaison between external stakeholders and organizations.
- Identifies issues and uses effective problem-solving techniques, tact and discretion in managing a variety of situations. Independently identifies reasonable alternatives and recommends alternative approaches to executives.
- Use problem solving skills for process improvement in systems and processes.
- Demonstrates effective highly professional, interpersonal skills in handling sensitive and confidential information in a variety of situations.
- Works independently, anticipating next steps, taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment to ensure the executive is well-prepared for all elements of their daily and weekly schedule.
- Demonstrates learning agility and is able to pivot to accomplish tasks and assignments quickly.
- Develops effective professional relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. A thorough understanding of external contacts is required to handle requests and provide comprehensive and timely response and service.
Location: Irvine, California
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED with 10+ years of administrative experience supporting high-level executives
- 5+ years of executive-level administrative support experience, preferably for senior executives, CEOs or Board Members.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working and interacting with Corporate Board members
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Internet
- Experience with Zoom, WebEx, Video Conferencing, SharePoint or similar software
- Experience making travel arrangements, including international travel
- Experience in healthcare/med device highly preferred; understanding of the medical landscape
- Global/ international experience to support understanding of and ability to interact with differing cultures.
- Ability to learn quickly and navigate through complex environments
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills
- Flexible and agile in a constantly changing environment
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to interact effectively with senior level executives both internally and externally, with exceptional tact and diplomacy
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to balance multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.