Executive Director of HR
Cary, NC 27511 US
Target Pay Rate: 155-180k **salary will be commensurate with experience
Client, is a leading full-service clinical CRO dedicated to offering high-quality one-stop services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and consumer products clients, who are dedicated to the professional development of our employees and providing an excellent work-life balance. We are looking for a dynamic person to join our in-house team as an Executive Director of Human Resources in the United States. This role will be office based in either Fort Washington, PA or Cary, NC with flexibility to work from home two days per week. This role is a permanent full time opportunity and it comes with a benefit package.
The Executive Director of Human Resources will manage day-to-day HR operations in North America and provide strategic leadership and direction to the HR department. This position will be involved in every aspect of Human Resources function in North America including but not limited to organizational HR policy and compliance, talent management, employee relations, performance and benefit reviews, compensation, and other duties as assigned. Additionally, the position will work with the Global Head of HR and other HR Regional Heads to set strategies and ensure standardization and collaboration across the international organization of client.
Join our team and help us deliver clinical trials that will improve patients' lives.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee day-to-day activities for HR functions in North America, including but not limited to HR system evaluation and implementation, HR core functions such as performance review and compensation, benefit, training requirements, terminations, onboarding and offboarding, etc.
- Lead the development and implementation of HR procedures and policies, and ensure the policies are in compliance with their respective country and local labor laws including health and safety, equal employment opportunity, diversity and inclusion, compensation and benefit requirements, pension plans, taxes, privacy, and any other laws.
- Team up with the recruitment group to develop cost-effective recruitment strategies and long-term talent acquisition plans to support the company's overall goal and look for creative solutions to meet fast-growing resource needs.
- Collaborate with other regional HR leads for alignment of the strategies and processes across the international organizations.
- Collaborate with and support the functional management team to ensure satisfactory employee retention.
- Prepare and present regularly or as needed to the International HR management team and update North America regional HR and initiatives. Support and contribute to the HR dashboard as needed.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in human resources or other fields is required. An MBA or master's degree in human resources or business is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of North American (USA and Canada, particularly) employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience with human resource information systems.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources. 3+ years of leadership roles and team management in Human Resources in North America.
- Experience in HR management systems, such as ADP, SAP, or other systems.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. Able to work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in the life science industry preferred.
Specific Role Requirements and Skills:
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential, sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.