Filling Operator, Manufacturing (3rd Shift)
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 20.55/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Filling Operator (Operator III) position is responsible for aseptic execution of assigned activities within the Grade A/B manufacturing area; activities shall include current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) compliant gowning, setup and operation of aseptic filling equipment, aseptic movement of components and fill machine equipment, and conformance to Good Documentation Practices (GDP) standards. This position reports to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Shift differential + $1,000 Sign On Bonus! Benefits day one!
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform routine cleanup and sanitizations as assigned by area supervision to maintain cGMP compliance within the Grade A/B work areas. Perform sanitizations in a timely and effective manner in accordance with cGMPs and client procedures, maintaining production schedule.
- May be required to cross train as a support operator to assist additional manufacturing areas.
- Maintain organization at all times within the classified areas to ensure equipment segregation, readiness and to prevent any contamination or rejection of batches.
- Perform routine verification of equipment when unloading autoclaves and setting up aseptic filling machines.
- Setup and operate aseptic filling equipment for routine aseptic processes, performed with proper aseptic technique to prevent negative safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) impact to the batch.
- Perform routine operations utilizing aseptic formulation and filling equipment in Grade A/B areas.
- Perform environmental monitoring; including fingertip, contact, and fallout plates.
- Assist in the training and development of other team members
- Scheduled weekend overtime will be required
- Work Environment: Classified pharmaceutical environment wearing required gowning. Must be able to work safely with materials required to produce pharmaceutical products, including chemicals, compounds, glassware and sanitization solutions. Must be able to occasionally (1-33% of the time) work in a confined/clustered work space.
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.