Finance Business Partner
400 West Stoever Avenue Myerstown, PA 17067 US
Target Pay Rate: 40-44.32/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
Provide financial support and inform management of the performance and costs of the business unit. These services are provided on a divisional and site scale. Make recommendations to management to improve product profitability and divisional productivity through appropriate management of resources. Responsible for annual budgeting, development of unit standard product costs, monthly / quarterly / annual reporting, variance analysis and financial commentary. Be a finance business partner with the mindset of end-to-end financial assessments to determine healthy return of investments and promote cost efficiencies in the full areas of Myerstown Product Supply Consumer Health manufacturing facility
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Perform financial analysis by collecting data from the various financial activity reports, analyzing unit's performance, provide timely and reliable information to management examining unit's productivity. Coordinates with other facility departments to most effectively and efficiently support and complement the plant and manufacturing operations and mission by providing financial commentary, trend analysis, and variance reporting and review.
- Support Plant Controlling Manager in the establishment and monitoring of standard costs for products manufactured at the production site. This includes conversion costs, material development (i.e. loss factors, purchase price), and other related operating costs. Support Plant Controlling Manager by providing standard costs and rates in accordance with the management and manufacture of their respective products. Ensure correct and in-time costing for new products.
- Provide financial support for management in the preparation and issuance of budgets, analyzing business strategies, previous performance and operational costs.
- Develop and implement controlling standards for product or unit costs, budget allocations, and material usage to ensure accurate controlling and reporting of financial information.
- Conduct special and complex analysis on product costs, inventories, assets or profits for management to use as decision making criteria.
- Recommend alternative approaches to improving units productivity and overall profitability.
- Develop and generate financial analysis and schedules for the corporation or division as required by management, government, or other external agencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
- This position reports to the Plant Controlling Manager and is an integral part of the Myerstown Controlling team.
- This position influences the factory/production management to achieve their budgetary commitments and the divisions cost of goods savings initiatives.
- This position provides technical leadership to divisional brand finance in understanding the income statement impacts generated from the manufacturing site.
- This role interprets financial information and recommends solutions to the Plant Controller and Site Management.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management, production accounting, or business experience in a GMP regulated environment required.
- Experience with in-plant operations including cost accounting, and budgeting required.
- Thorough understanding of the manufacturing process required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams) and SharePoint.
- Strong to exceptional knowledge of Controlling, SAP and Excel, change management skills, and generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS-IAS).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to negotiate, to provide value adding cost guidance.
- This position requires exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. The ability to interact with top management is a must in coordinating financial activities, as well as the ability to analyze and interpret financial data or operating problems in order to make recommendations to management.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.