Finance and Accounting Analyst
1300 South Patterson Drive Bloomington, IN 47403 US
The Finance department is responsible for all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, financial audit compliance, budgeting, forecasting, contract adherence, and invoicing. The departments primary function is to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and our internal financial controls. This includes monthly financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, and updated financial forecasting.
The Finance department works closely with both internal and external financial auditors to perform tests of internal controls and ensure adherence to company policies and GAAP. These activities are performed on an interim basis throughout the year and again at fiscal year-end.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for providing Financial support for our Bloomington, IN location. Responsibilities include financial planning & analysis (FP&A), forecasting, project cost analysis, internal audit support, maintaining accurate financial records and reporting per GAAP and SOP, preparing management presentation materials, and other ad-hoc analysis/support. Financial Analyst
- Financial Analysis/Business Support:
- Prepares monthly financial forecast and management presentation material
- Reviews customer contracts to determine appropriate Revenue Recognition treatment of projects
- Provides financial support to project management in tracking & projecting cost for projects
- Prepares and supports periodic financial forecasts
- Assists in preparation of annual budget
- Effectively interacts with all levels of management, including executive staff
- Systems, Policies, and Procedures:
- Participates in annual review of internal controls and maintenance of proper internal control system
- Assists corporate finance in the development, adaptation, or revision of accounting systems to meet the needs of the site
- Participates in internal and external audits
- Asset Management:
- Prepares capital authorization requests (CAR) and detailed justification analysis for operational projects
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Capital Authorization Policy & US GAAP
- Prepares appropriate journal entries that ensure an accurate and timely close process per Corporate timelines & procedures
- Ensures data consolidation is accurate and loaded per timelines
- Other duties as assigned
Data Science & Analytics
This role will partner with all business functions to provide a conduit that enables swift decision-making driven by factual data. In this fast-paced role, you will interact with the finance team and senior leaders throughout the organization to meet our deliverables.
- Uncover insights that drive strategy and optimal decision-making for the Leadership team across the organization.
- Effectively analyze data and be an advocate of data accessibility, accuracy, and quality.
- Find trends and other analytical information that help support and advance the mission and values of the company.
- Deliver analytic solutions by developing visualizations, performing data and statistical analyses, and administering systems to deliver information.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience
Target pay $40-42/hr, commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.