Formulation Operator, Manufacturing (2nd Shift)
927 S Curry Pike Bloomington, IN 47402 Bloomington, IN 47402 US
Target Pay Rate: 20.55/hr **salary will be commensurate with experience
The Formulation Operator (Operator III) position will work in and maintain a Grade C/D environment. They will perform routine cleaning and sanitization to help ensure readiness and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) compliance within the classified and non-classified work areas. Activities include cGMP compliant gowning, conformance to Good Documentation Practices (GDP) standards, weighing materials, formulation of product, and conducting in-process testing and filtration. The Formulation Operator may be required to cross-train as a support Operator for additional areas. This position reports to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform routine cleanup and sanitizations as assigned by area supervision to maintain cGMP compliance within the Grade C/D work areas. Perform sanitizations in a timely and effective manner in accordance with cGMPs and procedures, maintaining production schedule.
- May be required to cross train as a support operator to assist additional manufacturing areas.
- Maintain organization at all times within the classified areas to ensure segregation, readiness and to prevent any contamination or rejection of batches.
- Compare Lot numbers to ensure correct material is being used for the specified batch
- Complete calculations to determine the amount of material to add based on final weight and sometimes potency
- Use scales and balances to weigh and add wide range of raw material
- Clean and sample equipment
- Assist in the training and development of other team members
- Scheduled weekend overtime will be required
Work Environment: Classified pharmaceutical environment wearing required gowning. Must be able to work safely with materials required to produce pharmaceutical products, including chemicals, compounds, glassware and sanitization solutions. Must be able to occasionally (1-33% of the time) work in a confined/clustered work space.
What you’ll bring: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.