Formulations Technician III
905 Sheehy Drive Suite A Horsham, PA 19044 US
Pay Rate Range: $21-27/hr
Prepare complex test article/substance dosage solution/suspensions with minimal direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently, and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
• Prepare labels and samples.
• Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents, oversee the documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
• Responsible for the sampling and the shipment of the samples.
• Ensure that test article/substance(s) from completed studies are returned to the sponsor or reassigned to another protocol.
• Engage in long term improvement projects such as redesign of SOPs, basic research procedures.
• Participate in the responses to Quality Assurance audits of preparation procedures and calculations.
• Ensure all chemistry data is submitted to Senior Scientist for weekly review.
• Responsible for maintaining an up to day inventory of reagents, test article/substances, vehicles and samples.
• Responsible for reviewing chemistry data on a daily basis and finalizing chemistry data for submission at completion of study.
• Prepare accurate packing list for the shipment of test articles/substance and samples to the sponsor and/or analytical laboratory. Notify appropriate personnel of shipments.
• Assist in the review of hand-recorded raw data sheets and ensure that the appropriate data sheets are used. Suggest changes to master forms, as appropriate.
• Assist in overseeing the Preparation Laboratory area including the condition, maintenance of equipment (e.g., balances, terminals, instruments), ordering of supplies for this area (e.g., weigh boats, plastic sample bags, bottles) and ensuring that an adequate supply of appropriate reagents are available (e.g., methylcellulose, corn oil).
• Ensure there is a sufficient amount of test article/substance and vehicle available to perform the test article/substance preparations for the entire study.
• Assist in the training of technical personnel to perform test article/substance dosage solution/suspension preparation procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Education: Bachelors degree (B.S.) or equivalent,
• Experience: Two to three years experience in a GLP, Formulations laboratory.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Must successfully complete the Core Competency Matrix for Formulation Laboratory Technician II
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.