Global Logistics Senior Specialist (REMOTE)
50 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA 02210 Boston, MA 02210 US
· Provides logistics support including coordination and prioritization of planned shipments as well as shipment tracking and troubleshooting distribution related issues.
· Work with senior Supply Chain and Quality staff to conduct transactions for material creation, movement and use in material management software system.
· Ensures completion and tracking of supply chain supply-related documentation.
· Responsible for handling accountability and destruction of rejected, returned or unusable materials.
· Responsible for the end-end coordination of temperature-controlled GMP and Non GMP pharmaceutical materials Globally.
· Communicate with stakeholders (Scientists, Production Planners, contract Manufacturers and Logistics Service Providers) all Shipment requirements and ensure shipment arrives on-time and in full
· Consultant to stakeholders to ensure import/export requirements are satisfied to move the shipment as efficient and compliant as possible.
· Works with QA and Validation experts to ensure Lanes are monitored and meet all regulatory and business requirements. Updating of documents as required
Business Systems and Analysis
· An active user of the Transportation Management System. Will perform transactions, diagnose issues, and ensure the system is used to its fullest potential.
· Leverage TMS system to effectively operate the business more efficiently and scale as transaction volume grows.
· Be able to monitor and resolve errors within ERP/TMS systems.
· Strong background in Analytical tool sets such as PowerBI/QlikView etc.
· Understanding of Master Data management and the ability to recommend solutions to improve the data owns.
· Develops and maintains relationships with third-party warehouses and Carriers.
· Assist in the development and at times facilitate business review meetings as required.
· Coordinates with external contract manufacturing partners for the collection and review of inventory reports. Prepares inventory summaries and works with Audit to resolve discrepancies.
· Develops and maintains relationships with third-party suppliers and Carriers.
· Takes full responsibility within scope of the position and/or materials or projects managed to work with various cross-functional groups (such as Quality, Tech Ops, Regulatory, suppliers, etc.) to proactively and collaboratively resolve issues that may block the timely flow of materials or projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS:
- Professional and Timely communications
- Displays ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment. Due to global nature of role will be asked to work outside normal 9-5 business hours at times.
- Possess strong organization skills.
- Possess ability to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Detail oriented
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist in the execution of projects of diverse scope and complexity.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree (or equivalent experience) 3-5 years’ Logistics work experience required.
- Working with a Global Environment preferred
- Understanding of Global Trade Requirements to import/Export Products
- Life Science startup organizations or other fast past industry preferred.
Hourly Pay Rate: $45-$50/HR
Location: Remote*CO and NYC candidates may not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.