HR Specialist V
458 S Main St Burlington, NC 27215 US
M&A COE HR Business Partner
The M&A COE HR Business Partner role is part of the Global HR M&A team reporting to the Director HR M&A and is responsible for providing human resources support for acquisitions. The M&A HR Business Partner will assist the M&A-HR COE team and Division Human Resources Business Partners to ensure a smooth acquisition process from due diligence through HR integration.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review data provided by Seller in response to diligence requests and document diligence findings.
• Identify areas of risk and work with COEs to determine remediation plans and associated costs.
• Develop follow-up questions and track responses from the Seller HR team in conjunction with the Division HR team and HR COEs.
• Participate in HR diligence team calls both with internal team and with Seller.
• Review and provide input on deal documents; ensure HR team is aware of key deal stipulations.
• Provide input on deal closing memo reconciling final headcount as needed.
• Assist with reverse diligence requests from the Seller.
• Work with Division HR team, business leads, and Corporate Compensation to develop retention plan for key talent including estimated cost.
• Work with Division HR and business leads on the workforce staffing plan.
• Work with Division HR team to identify retention and potential severance costs for inclusion in the deal proforma.
• Assist with initial employee communications including intro presentation deck, HR FAQs.
• Assist with job offer templates and associated leader talking points and FAQs.
• Participate in development of HR transition plan based on diligence findings.
• Provide input on integration plan for the HR transition.
• Assist with development of HR integration plan including key dates.
• Assist with updating various employee communication materials throughout the integration process.
• Partner with HRBPs and COE stakeholders to ensure alignment with timeline requirements related to project deliverables.
• Assist with various onboarding templates as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and other tools to manage large datasets of employee data.
• Strong attention to detail; produce accurate work in an efficient, organized manner meeting required deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing, friendly, and professional.
• Results driven.
• Able to manage sensitive and confidential information with care and discernment.
• B.A./B.S. degree
• 5 years of HR Generalist/Business Partner strategic as well as tactical experience
• 1-2 years mergers & acquisition HR experience
• Working knowledge of end-to-end HR employment processes
• Prefer candidate that has personally been through an acquisition or divestiture
*CO/NYC candidates might not be considered
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.