Head of HR
1505 Adams Drive, Suite A Menlo Park, CA 94025 US
Our client is a very exciting and well-funded genome based biotech in the heart of Menlo Park. We are looking for their very first Head of HR who will be in for a treat with this amazing team of pioneering scientists!
We are able to consider a variety of leveling for this position so if you are a HR leader in biotech and the below description sounds interesting to you, please reach out for more info!
- Develop the people strategy to support the company’ s business and corporate objectives.
- Build strong and effective relationships with the management team, managers and employees to become a trusted partner and coach throughout the organization.
- Identify gaps in culture, training and development, performance management and HR processes, and develop strategies and timelines to address these gaps based on business objectives.
- Lead, build and implement best practices in Human Resources to attract and retain talent and be competitive in the market; Lead company’ s recruitment program and provide support to hiring managers.
- Manage all aspects of the company’ s Total Rewards programs including compensation and health and welfare benefits.
- Ensure HR processes are current and manage compliance with federal and state HR laws and regulations.
- Lead annual performance review process.
- Participate on teams, committees and special projects to help make a difference in the organization and establish a high performing and thriving company culture.
Requirements, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Masters’ Degree, PHR-CA or SPHR Certification preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources and experience in leading a Human Resources
- Department; Biotech and public company experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to analyze data.
- Excellent leadership, management, and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational and people skills, and an ability to work both autonomously and as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present and communicate effectively at Board meetings.
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Able to juggle tactical and strategic priorities while maintaining clear focus on objectives.
- Results-driven professional that can produce outcomes with a focus on critical business demands while building trust, influencing and managing upwards and across the organization.
- An ability to quickly integrate into a culture and continue to cultivate an open door and open communication environment with a fun style and exceptionally high emotional intelligence.
- Strong moral compass and the ability to provide ethical guidance to business partners.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.