Help Desk Support
6601 Six Forks Road, Suite 430 Raleigh, NC 27615 US
We are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist who performs the tasks necessary to support activities for all Americas-based office locations and field-based employees. This is desktop support (in person), not just help-desk, telephonic, follow a script support. Please ensure resumes are easy to consume, free of grammatical and spelling errors. This position is on-site, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, and is based at our Raleigh, North Carolina office. Some travel to other facilities may be required.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
- Installation of laptop, desktop, telephony and mobile devices, and IT-related peripherals; includes imaging, profile configuration, network connectivity, etc.
- Installation of software on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Performs troubleshooting, maintenance and issue resolution related to laptops, desktops, telephony, and mobile devices.
- Provides IT hardware/software service and support for new employees; includes equipment setup, delivery, and IT related training.
- Completes tasks related to the off boarding of separated employees; includes account deprovisioning and equipment retrieval.
- Manages assigned tickets within ITSM ticket queue; resolves and closes assigned tickets within agreed upon service levels.to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction; communicates customer updates when issues may impact agreed upon service levels.
- Assists with major (Priority 1) incidents including issue definition, action plan and success criteria. Communicates with affected groups, stakeholders, and end-users about the impact to business operations.
- Maintains adherence to organization Information Security policies and procedures.
- Attends training and/or industry seminars as appropriate, to stay abreast of current technologies, trends, and directions.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Job Requirements- Area of high importance:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma) required,
- Bachelors degree in information technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible desktop support, help desk, or incident management experience.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Service Now, Heat, Remedy, or other comparable
- IT Service Management system (ITSM).
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience supporting Windows 10, Windows 11, and Apple iOS operating systems.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Experience supporting audio/visual software such as Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, or other virtual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional customer service attitude.
- Action-oriented with the ability to balance urgency with sound judgement and communication.
Pay Rate Range: $20-23/hr. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.